[Scribus] General guideline request

avox avox
Tue Dec 4 18:25:22 CET 2007

Michael Higgins-6 wrote:

> Hello, folks --
>
> I've used Scribus for a few years now, off and on. Love it.
>
> I'm now employed to create a bunch of active Acrobat forms.
>
> My understanding is that 1.3.4 is the branch that, while not
> necessarily stable, at least has working PDF tools. Is this in essence
> true?
>
> Is this the only/best option I have? I use Gentoo, so either 1.3.3.x or
> 1.3.4 is available to me, ATM.
>
> I keep seeing mention of 1.3.5 here and there, but I'll be damned if I
> can find a tarball or subversion repo. Is there such a beast? Would it
> be useful to me more so than 1.3.4?
>
> Is PDF support in the 'stable' version? I don't actually care too much
> about stability (as I was a microsoft "windows" user for years), but I
> do want maximum functionality.
>
> Any suggestions or advice welcome!

Hi,

the bug tracker shows that all PDF forms related bugs are closed in
1.3.3.10svn which will be released soon. AFAIK no new PDF features where
added in 1.3.4.
1.3.5svn is the current development branch and only available via SVN.

To compile Scribus 1.3.3.10svn checkout

svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/branches/Version133x/Scribus

and compile:

cmake .
make
make install

1.3.4 and 1.3.5svn are not recommended for productive work, but available
as branches from the same SVN repository, e.g:

svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk/Scribus scribus135

HTH,
/Andreas