[Scribus] Surprise! Bug declared as fixed...

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Aug 26 00:27:44 CEST 2007

Am Sonntag, 26. August 2007 00:11 schrieb Dr. Werner Popken:
> Dear ones,
>
> You would not believe it, would you???
>
> =======
>
> There was a bug.
>
> Somebody reported it.
>
> Somebody else fixed it.
>
> It crept back in.
>
> Somebody else (me) reported it again and mentioned that it had already
> been reported in some old version and fixed there and provided proof
> that it obviously crept in again in version 1.3.4.
>
> Somebody else was assigned to the bug.
>
> He concluded from this bug having been reported and fixed before that
> it was fixed. He closed the bug report.
>
> =======
>
> You know "Zen And The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"? It says: "If you
> are a sloppy thinker every day of the week, how do you expect to fix
> your cycle on the weekend?"
>
> Now I ask you friends: What to do now?

You reported a bug for 1.3.4. There won't be any new version of 1.3.4.
Instead, the next developer version will be 1.3.5. Developer versions are
merely for testing. For real work, you should use the stable 1.3.3.x branch.

HTH

Christoph