[Scribus] shape sizing

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Aug 20 17:28:35 CEST 2007

Eli Xiamen wrote:
> Hi, I've narrowed the problem down a bit. It is that if I change the
> width or the height for a shape, the other dimension is changing to
> keep the original proportions. I can find any box in the Shapes
> properties menu that refers to proportionality...the box that locks
> the dimensions just prevents any alteration of size, it does not lock
> them into proportionality. Is there any way to stop this from
> occuring? I don't think the problem is the Ubuntu/Kubuntu bug, because
> I don't think that is what I am using.
> I am running version 1.3.4 for Mac OSX
You should be using the XYZ tab of Properties. Adjacent to the
Width/Height spinboxes there is a picture of a chain. The default is for
width and height to change together - click the chain so it looks like
the links are broken, and now you can change width or height independently.

The lock at the bottom of XYZ locks all editing.

Greg