[Scribus] 1.3.3.9 installation

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Aug 15 14:40:28 CEST 2007

Riku Leino wrote:
>> Can I run 2 versions of Scribus on the same hard drive, how can I stop a
>> new install of 1.3.3.9 from overwriting the 1.3.3.6 installation in
>> /usr/bin/, /user/lib/ and /usr/share/
>>

> Yes. Build it with a different prefix. ./configure --help (inside the scribus
> source dir) will give you all the options.

Except that we're using cmake now instead of configure.

cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/your/install/directory

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake#To_start_the_build
for more info.

Doing this also means you can install without being root, if you have
write permission for the path.

Greg