[Scribus] Call for templates

Owen rcook
Mon Aug 13 02:07:01 CEST 2007

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 22:16:41 +0200
Thomas Zastrow <listen at thomas-zastrow.de> wrote:

> Call for templates
>
> Scribus offers via the menu "File / new from template" some predefined document layouts.
>
> The included documents are all out of date. Additional, it would be nice to have some more templates.
>
> If you have a nice layouted Scribus document, or a document in a standard format or whatever what would be worth to be published as a Scribus template, we would like
> to invite you to do so.
>
> On the Scribus wiki you can find some hints for creating a template: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_templates_for_Scribus
>
> If you have created a template, just publish it here on the mailing list or in the Scribus wiki.

To make family trees of the 'pedigree' variety I have been using http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/pedigree.sla (159 Kb) but you might want to download it as http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/pedigree.sla.gz (9 Kb)

A sample pdf is at http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/Cassandra_web.pdf (136 Kb)

You have to modify the format as name lengths vary, but at least it saves a bit of the initial set up time

Owen