[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.4 in Ubuntu amd64 repositories

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Wed Aug 8 01:44:56 CEST 2007

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 22:46:06 +0200
Axel Bojer <axelb at skolelinux.no> dijo:

> Oleksandr Moskalenko skrev:
> (...)
> > Alternatively, ask on this list and someone can rebuild it for you. I know
> > some people here used to provide amd64 rebuilds to me, which I'd then put into
> > our repositories.
>
> I have built my own amd64-version on my machine, and I am doing this for
> every new stable version of Scribus. If someone could tell me how I can
> make a debian-package out of this, then I will gladly send it to you :-)

Thanks guys, but as I recently posted, I discovered a fix. Synaptic on
my Feisty amd64 computer shows only 1.3.4 and the old 1.2.4. But if you
select 1.3.4, then go to Package > Force Version, there is a drop-down
that lists 1.3.3.8. In other words, Ubuntu didn't really remove
1.3.3.8, they just did something so it no longer appears as the default
development version in Synaptic. I proceeded to reinstall 1.3.3.8 and
all is well now.

Still, a good trick to remember next time a Debian user needs to go
back to a previous version.