[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.4 in Ubuntu amd64 repositories

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Sun Aug 5 08:29:22 CEST 2007

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 14:40:24 +0930
Samps <carlos at unplugd.com> dijo:

> On Sunday 05 August 2007 13:05, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > When I applied the change
> > the lines text became stacked halfway on top of each other. Then I went
> > back in and changed the leading back to 30 points,

> I might be able to help....
>
> I've found that the text appears stacked when changes to size and leading is
> done in the text editor, but not when the changes are applied through the
> properties toolbox (F2).
>
> Try using the text editor only for minor changes to, otherwise imported text,
> and only for textual changes. When you have the right content in your
> textframe hit F2 to call up the properties toolbox. On the toolbox' text tab,
> set desired parameter for size and leading.
> Another 'feature' makes sure that these values are reset to something other
> than what you chose the next time you enter the properties for text, but I
> find it a minor nuisance.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I;ve decided I don't have a beta tester mentality. I want my 1.3.3.8
back.

Unfortunately, it is no longer in the Feisty amd64 rrepositories. I've
been searching all over the net for a .deb file for 1.3.3.8, but I
can't find it. I did find an amd64 .deb for 1.3.3.6, but the file
wouldn't install. I found source files for 1.3.3.8, but there ought to
be a .deb out there somewhere.