[Scribus] Screen shots

rcook at pcug.org.au rcook
Thu Aug 2 07:59:58 CEST 2007

> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:58:45 -0600
> Matt Gushee <matt at gushee.net> wrote:
>
>> though if you could rig your PrintScreen key to dump to a
>> file instead of the printer, that might work.
>
> The way to do that would possibly be to set your default printer to
> cups-PDF,
> then try it.

Well I went and took a screen shot with the Gimp, on my system this turned
out close to 100dpi each way, though not exactly.

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/opendocux100dpi.jpg (61 Kbs)

Then in the Gimp, I did an image rescale, 300dpi each way and increased
the width and height by 3 times

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/opendocux300dpi.jpg (202 Kbytes)

Next I took my camera, a 3 Megapixel canon and took a shot of the screen
and cut the relevant bit out here

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/opendocuCamera.jpg (295 Kbytes)

An lastly I put them all into a Scribus document and made a pdf

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/screenshots.pdf  (602KBytes)

Taking photos of screens with a camera needs a bit of work, but as far as
I can tell, the original 100dpi screenshot out of the Gimp is as good as
anything else

Owen