[Scribus] scripter setStyle problem with Scribus 1.3.4

Carlos Barros barros001
Wed Aug 1 16:32:25 CEST 2007

Hi all.
I have one script that works just fine in scribus 1.3.3.9 but it
doesn't work with 1.3.4. The problem is with the setStyle call. The
problem with the script is the following:

 - I create one text frame;
 - Then insert one paragraph and apply a style, say STYLE_1;
 - Then, insert another paragraph and apply another style, say STYLE_2;

Scribus 1.3.3.9 works fine, but in Scribus 1.3.4 a weird problem
occurs. What happens is that when I apply the second style (STYLE_2),
scribus applies to the entire text frame, and not in the second
paragraph only. I use selectText to select just the text I want, but
it doesn't help.

I'm attaching a sample script that reproduces the error. Create a new
page with two styles:
  - STYLE_1: with red color;
  - STYLE_2: with blue color;

Then run the script. It will create two paragraphs. If you run in
1.3.3.9, it will display a red and a blue paragraph, but in 1.3.4, it
will display two blue paragraphs.

Does anyone have a hint on this?

Thanks

Carlos Barros

Some time ago I went to #scribus and asked about a problem I'm having
with the scripter.
My problem sounds like some bug in scribus 1.3.4 but no one could