[Scribus] Strange behaviour when line has no width but colour white on dark background in PDF

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Wed Aug 1 13:13:15 CEST 2007

Hi

This one caught us out a few days ago.

If you have an image with a zero size line width but set with a white
colour line on top on a darker larger background, you see (correctly) no
line around the image.

But when you export to PDF, Acrobat Reader 7 and 8 on Windows and Linux
show the image with a white line around it. Evince (on Ubuntu 7.04)
interestingly shows no line around the image.

Is this a Acrobat bug, or an PDF export bug? I would expect that if you
force the line to have a 0 mm width it really shouldn't show up.
Obviously if we set the line on the image to have line colour 'none' it
would fix this, but why do we have to ? When you zoom in to the image at
6400% the line is still thin, but even at 66% view the line is still
seen ...

As I say, this caused a few minutes of confusion here last week ...

--
Kind regards

Julian Robbins
Applications Engineer