[Scribus] Scribus hangs for 40 mins, then disappears

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Mon Apr 30 19:41:18 CEST 2007

At 06:08 AM 4/30/2007, you wrote:
>Owen wrote:
> > It was a .sla file created under a 1.3.x version of Scribus, not
> the 1.2 series? The first line of the sla file will tell you what
> version of Scribus it was made

Initial lines are

<xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SCEIBUSUTF*NEW Version="1.3.4cvs" >

However, I believe this is 1.3.3.9cvs.

> > Have you tried opening it in another version of Scribus? (to
> eliminate a possible cvs problem)

No.

>At 06:08 AM 4/30/2007, Greg wrote:
>Something else you might try would be opening from the command line:
>
>/path/to/scribus file.sla
>
>so you might get some messages about what happened.

In file kernel/qimage.cpp, line 1297: Out of memory
Application transferred too few scanlines
In file kernel/qimage.cpp, line 1297: Out of memory
Application transferred too few scanlines
In file kernel/qimage.cpp, line 1297: Out of memory
Application transferred too few scanlines
In file kernel/qimage.cpp, line 1297: Out of memory
Application transferred too few scanlines
In file kernel/qimage.cpp, line 1297: Out of memory
Application transferred too few scanlines
storytext::charstyle: access at end of text 38708
storytext::charstyle: access at end of text 71912
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
   what():  St9bad_alloc
Scribus Crash
-------------
Scribus crashes due to Signal #6
terminate called recursively

These are no doubt due to Scribus' inability to handle my large JPEG images.

At 09:06 AM 4/30/2007, Stu wrote:
>      Have you loaded one of the development versions of
>Scribus recently ?  If so, I would try removing that, and
>replacing with the newest stable version.

I have tried different versions of Scribus, and all have some
variation of this problem (JPEG images).

>      Secondly, I'll ask if you had the same problem with
>other scribus documents, or just this one ?

This is the only document, other than a small test document.