[Scribus] Scribus hangs for 40 mins, then disappears

Owen rcook
Mon Apr 30 10:42:15 CEST 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 23:44:58 -0700
ols6000 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> I am trying to edit an existing Scribus document, using 1.3.3.9cvs
> under Fedora Core 6. I start Scribus, select the document from the
> recent list, there is disk activity for 42 minutes, then the Scribus
> pgm disappears. The document never appears on the screen, only the %
> done indicator, which goes immediately to 94%, and the "wait" cursor.
>
> I believe this document has been successfully opened before and has
> not been changed, though I am not positive of that.
>
> Any idea what could cause Scribus to stop execution, or why it takes
> so long to do so?

It was a .sla file created under a 1.3.x version of Scribus, not the 1.2 series? The first line of the sla file will tell you what version of Scribus it was made

Have you tried opening it in another version of Scribus? (to eliminate a possible cvs problem)

Owen