[Scribus] Printing a '3 Fold' Rack Card

Nigel Ridley nigel
Sun Apr 29 21:09:46 CEST 2007

Riku Leino wrote:
>> Proper page setup. You  picked three pages per one side of your rack card.
>> What you should have done is to pick only single page per side.
>>
>> These instructions apply to scribus versions 1.3.3.x. So if you aren't
>> running the latest version please upgrade.
>>
>> Pick page properties from the very first page (#1). Set the width of the
>> page to the width of your paper (297 mm for A4). Unselect the checkbox
>> "Move objects with pages".
>>
>> Repeat this to the page #4.
>>
>> Delete pages 2, 3, 5 and 6. Now when you export this doc to pdf it should
>> only give you two pages in the final size of the paper. Use guides to
>> separate mark folds in your document.
>
> Forgot to say that before you do this make sure the gap between pages is set
> to 0 in document setup.

Thanks for the rescue :-)

I managed to set everything up as it should be but how do I get KPrinter (or
perhaps another printing app) to print transparencies? Part of the document
contains a photo of a wedding ring (it's actually a png) - naturally on a
transparent background - but when I printed the pdf the wedding ring has a black
square behind it :-(

Any ideas? Perhaps I should post this as a separate thread.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries