[Scribus] scribus 1.3.4cvs win32 - application failed...

Jean Ghali jghali
Sun Apr 29 04:12:32 CEST 2007

Marcin Szafran wrote:

> i have a problem with scribus 1.3.4cvs for windows (latest cvs snapshot
> from sourceforge).
> installation was succesfull, but i cannot start scribus (windows,
> console) or qtconfig - getting message like: application failed because
> of incorrect configuration. reinstalation may help.
> so i did it. same problem. i have erased all scribus configuration
> files, cleared registry entries for scribus and qt. same result.
> is it just my problem? anybody tried to use 1.3.4cvs for win?
> i have winxp sp1
> 	marcin

Unfortunately i was expecting a bit such difficulties on pre-xp2 systems. I
changed indeed the build environment for 134cvs, the old environment being
not able to compile scribus anymore. With the new environment, microsoft has
introduced some important changes to the way executables and dlls are
loaded. Currently i tested and can test scribus executables only on xp sp2
and know they work on xp sp2 stock installs. So the first advice i could
give you is to upgrade to sp2. Alternatively you could try to install msvc
runtime available at this adress:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
Once done, delete the msvc*80.dll in scribus directory
If that works for you, keep me informed. To further help you, i would need
the exact error message you get when you try to start scribus.

Jean