[Scribus] KPDF vs. Acrobat

dwain dwain.alford
Tue Apr 24 06:53:55 CEST 2007

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:07:48 +0300
> Nigel Ridley <nigel at rmk.co.il> wrote:
>

>> Since Acrobat is no longer in the main repositories for *ubuntu
>> because of licensing problems (I've also heard that there is now a
>> 'phone home' element in Acrobat), what can Acrobat do that KPDF
>> cannot (with regards to the functionality of Scribus)?
>> If I am going to use Scribus to the full, do I really need Acrobat?
>>

> KPDF cannot handle editable PDFs. The only PDF viewer that can do so
> currently is Adobe Reader 7.0 or later.

some wonderful members of this list told me about cabaret, which is a
free for personal use pdf editor/viewer.  i have been using it and you
can edit pdfs as well as fill out and save forms.  you can get it for
windows and linux.  here's the address:  http://www.cabaret-solutions.com/

--
Dwain Alford
http://www.studiokdd.com