[Scribus] Debian/Ubuntu package migration, addition of Ubuntu/Feisty

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Fri Apr 20 05:10:18 CEST 2007

Hello Debian and Ubuntu users of Scribus. Since Debian Etch and Ubuntu Feisty
were recently released I rearranged our Debian/Ubuntu package archives.

If you are using Ubuntu Feisty then use the following line in your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ feisty main restricted
or
deb http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ feisty main restricted

Scribus 1.2.x branch is officially deprecated. All my "scribus" packages
(debian: etch/lenny/sid and ubuntu: dapper/edgy/feisty) are at version 1.3.3.x
now.

scribus-ng is starting to track cutting edge code - 1.3.4cvs right now.
If you try scribus-ng and it crashes or does something weird you should file a
bug at http://bugs.scribus.net and switch back to the stable "scribus". If
there is something in the 1.3.4cvs that you _really_ need then by all means
try running scribus-ng. At the moment the only branch to have this new
scribus-ng package is Debian/unstable in our repositories.

Regards,

Alex.