[Scribus] eps graphics in V 1.2.1-1 and 1.2.5.dfsg-5+b1

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Wed Apr 18 20:22:24 CEST 2007

* Robin Haunschild <H at unschild.de> [2007-04-18 16:39:13 +0200]:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Scribus quite a time. Thanks for this great program! Being a
> Debian user, I used Scribus in the version 1.2.1-1 from sarge. After the
> upgrade to etch with Scribus 1.2.5.dfsg-5+b1, my eps graphics are broken:
> some are partly displayed and the most are only white in my "old" Scribus
> files. This occurs independently, if I use eps level 2.0 or 3.0. The problem
> also occurs in a new document when I insert a eps graphic into a picture
> frame in the Scribus version 1.2.5.dfsg-5+b1. Is it a Debian related problem
> (some of these dfsg things) or did the Scribus compatability change during
> these versions? png graphics are still fine. A downgrade to 1.2.5-dfsg-1
> from debian.scribus.net is not possible, because these etch packages are
> still depending on sarge packages (python2.3 and libqt3c102). Interestingly,
> scribus-ng (version 1.3.3.6-dfsg-1) also fails in displaying eps graphics.
>

> Greetings
>
> Robin

Hello Robin,

Please upgrade your scribus package from

deb http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
or
deb http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

The current version of "scribus" in our repos is 1.3.3.8+cvs20070409-2. Test
your EPS import after the upgrade and if the problem still persists then file
a bug report at bugs.scribus.net and attach a test case EPS to the report, so
we could test it here. I don't believe it would be productive to try solving
this in the 1.2.x code as the current stable Scribus series is 1.3.3.x and has
been for a while. I was waiting for the release of Etch to make the switch of
"scribus" to this new codebase.

Also, please double-check the ghostscript you are using. The symptoms you are
describing logically seem to fall into a bad gs pattern i.e. pdf output
(internal scribus code) is fine, but eps doesn't show in a document (using
gs).

Regards,

Alex - Debian scribus maintainer