[Scribus] Scribus vs. MS Publisher

Owen Cook rcook
Thu Apr 12 12:16:18 CEST 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:38:25AM +0200, Helge Hielscher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what are the advantages/disadvantages of Scribus over MS Publisher? Is
> Publisher really that much easier to use for people who are familiar with
> MS Word?

MS Word, Open Office Writer and similiar programs are word processors. Scribus is a publishing
program. You cannot compare the two. (Is this a homework question?) Google for the differences.

> On http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Similar_Programs it states that
> Publisher is joke, but what exactly makes it that?

I think what is implied is that Publisher is not a Desk Top Publishing program in the true sense
of the phrase.

I think if you spent a little time examining the Edit->Properties of Scribus and compare those
with Publisher, you will have a better understanding of the differences.

Owen