[Scribus] DocBook/xml

Michael Koren kung42o
Wed Apr 11 19:30:19 CEST 2007

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> On 4/11/07, Michael Koren wrote:
>
>> My approach is not to directly write support for any particular input
>> format, but rather to allow the user to define arbitrary input filters
>> ("sequence selectors") to parse any format and convert it to structured
>> Scribus objects that I will write support for, which can then be
>> manipulated
>> from the GUI and/or processed with layout styles based on their structure
>> and/or input tags.
>
> Which sounds very much like Passepartout :) (they are back, btw)
>
> http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/pptout/

Interesting, I hadn't seen that before. Maybe I can look at/borrow some of
their implementation for referencing XML files, adapted to Scribus's
attributes.

Of course, there doesn't seem to be anything about structured layout styles
there*, which is the main thing I'd be adding both in Scribus and in any
text importer, to recognize and apply layout styles.

* at least not available for editing from the GUI, I wonder how much their
DocBook importer handles creating sidebars and all....

Michael