[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.3.9cvs produces PDF which can't be printed

william f. maddock billsey
Tue Apr 10 03:17:46 CEST 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 1:44 PM, ols6000 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> At 10:22 AM 4/9/2007, you wrote:
>> Is there anywhere you can make the PDF available?
>
> It's about 70 MB, so I will try some experiments to make it smaller
> first.

Is that a 70 megabyte scribus document? If it is the printable output
that might explain your problems. I did a hymnbook in scribus in the
past, and wanted to print a test file to the printer that I had at the
time. One particular page had a quite high resolution bitmap on the
page, and that page choked the printer, whether straight printable
output, or through a PDF file's output. When I got a newer printer, I
tried that page again, and had no problems at all. Of course, the newer
printer has more than 20 times the memory that the older printer
contained. It might be time to consider a new printer. Although it's
not the printer that I have (money matters), if you can afford it, I
would recommend the Xerox Phaser 7700 color laser. They  have one at
the local Kinkos here, and the prints it puts out make my work look
like professional magazine pages. It is wonderful.
http://www.lulu.com/billsey