[Scribus] Crashes while creating new documents/opening existing ones with 1.3.4cvs

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Apr 9 20:57:40 CEST 2007

Hi all,
has anybody on the list experienced similar crashes as me with the
current Scribus 1.3.4cvs. In my case, Scribus has been built with cairo,
I've tested it both with cairo 1.2.6 and cairo 1.4.2 (which is the most
recent one). BTW, everything worked fine with 1.3.4cvs until a few days
ago. The only error message I can  see now, is:

/opt/scribus134/bin/scribus: symbol lookup error:
/opt/scribus134/bin/scribus: undefined symbol: cairo_get_group_target

Program exited with code 0177.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)

The issue has been described in this bug report (meanwhile closed, since
the Scribus devs consider it as non reproducible):

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=5541

cheers
Maciej

P.S. Please restrain from "Not on my system" replies and answer to this
thread only, if you have something to add to clarify this issue.