[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.3.9cvs produces PDF which can't be printed

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Apr 9 19:22:34 CEST 2007

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> At 12:41 PM 4/9/2007, you wrote:
>> Is it an older model PostScript printer, by any chance?
>
> No, it's an HP5000 (PCL), and the Windows machine has GhostScript
> 8.54 installed.

GS isn't a factor here, really, since you're using Scribus to generate
PDF, then printing with Adobe Reader (which knows nothing about and will
never use gs).

The reason I asked about the printer & driver ist aht older PS printers
tend to run out of memory when faced with some of the PostScript Scribus
generates, and even with the PS Adobe Reader can produce.

With a PCL job, that usually won't happen.

Is there anywhere you can make the PDF available? From the available
information it's hard to guess what might be going on.

--
Craig Ringer