[Scribus] Scribus on Ubuntu

Axel Bojer axelb
Sun Apr 1 13:53:21 CEST 2007

Steven Boothe skrev:
> I've been running Scribus 1.3.3.8 on both Edgy and Feisty. There are two
> versions in the repository.
>
> Ubuntu supports both the older stable, and the latest version.
>
> If you are interested in running 1.3.3.8 then what you want to do is run
> the
> following command:
>
> sudo aptitude install scribus-ng

That gives you not the very last version, though.
You might want to have a look at:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running

>> > For many reasons, you should upgrade to somewhere in the 1.3.3.x
>> > series.
>> > (1.3.3.8 is current stable) Development has stopped for 1.2.x
>> That is the same issue I had when running Ubuntu - 1.2x is all that
>> is available. Adding the repository which Oleksandr described was
>> only possible for me when I changed over to Mepis. Even then it is
>> not the most up to date but a vast improvement on 1.2x.

Then did you ever try the tutorial mentioned above? Or some of the other
  methods offered you?

If you are happy with Mepis that is a good thing, but installing on
(k)ubuntu should be just as possible :-)

Best regards
Axel Bojer