[Scribus] Mathematical expressions in Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Apr 1 01:46:38 CEST 2007

Am Sonntag, 1. April 2007 01:17 schrieb Thomas Zastrow:
> Christoph Sch?fer schrieb:
> > Am Samstag, 31. M?rz 2007 23:24 schrieb Thomas Zastrow:
> >> Dear all, dear Hermann,
> >>
> >> until the "Google Summer Of Code" adds true mathematical capabilities to
> >> Scribus,  it is possible to import equations into Scribus with a
> >> workaround. Take a look:
> >>
> >> http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/scribus/ScribusAndjEuclid/ScribusAndJeuclid
> >>.pd f
> >>
> >> And the Scribus file:
> >>
> >> http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/scribus/ScribusAndjEuclid/ScribusAndJeuclid
> >>.sl a
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Tom
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > Very nice :)
> >
> > What about a Wiki article ;)
> >

> > Gr??e
> >
> > Christoph
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> I already thought about that. But Hermann is working on a *real*
> integration of formulas into Scribus. So I'm exciting waiting for his
> solution which will hopefully make my workaround obsolet.

Hi Tom,

I don't think an article would become obsolete anytime soon, since you used
OO.o and MathML, while Herm will try to integrate LaTeX. Many people don't
want to learn LaTeX and may feel more comfortable with OO.o instead.

Gr??e

Christoph