[Scribus] Text frame border from clipart

Owen rcook
Sun Apr 1 01:09:51 CEST 2007

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:03:04 -0700 (PDT)
martal <martin at tigh-design.co.uk> wrote:

> I took the svg from openclipart and imported it, putting it exactly at the
> top left of the container frame.
>
> Then, Item | Multiple Duplicate. If I hadn't found that, it would have been
> very tricky. I used a calculator to get the number of times to duplicate,
> offset by height/width of the image.
>
> Then an inner text frame, dimensions calculated similarly. Inserted the
> first text frame for the header and called it a day.
>
> Is there any way you would do this quicker and more efficiently?

Probably not for a one off. If you had to do it many a time, then you would look at scripting. For a start, look at
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Category:Scripts_&_Plugins#Beginners_Scripts

> But I didn't really care for the border when it printed! I will try your
> Celtic image.

The Openclipart image by the name you initially stated is composed of several frames, you may want to remove some of those to get a 'cleaner' image.

Also, if you have Inkscape or similiar vector program, you could well design your own or modify another.

> Scribus 1.2.4.1 on Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

The next Ubuntu is out later this month hopefully, and maybe it will work properly with Scribus, (as well as include the latest Scribus).
I wouldn't throw your 1.2.4 work away, but rather migrate to the 1.3 series as it has heaps more power.

Owen