[Scribus] Freedom Yug tutorial

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Sep 29 02:26:07 CEST 2006

BandiPat wrote:
> you seem to have failed to understand
...and a lot of other flotsam and jetsam.

A while ago I ran across a HowTo from Eric Raymond:

talking about how to interact with hackers, but much of what he says is
applicable here.
In particular:

"Never assume you are /entitled/ to an answer. You are not; you aren't,
after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn
it, by asking a substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking question
? one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community
rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others."

In your case, you have no questions to ask, nothing worth more than a
fleeting response, if that. Like many forums of this sort, the
Scribus-list has many people who will try to help, but it doesn't seem
you want help at all. There is no indication that Scribus will ever be
anything you suggest you want it to be, so it all has the flavor of a
ruse. You apparently have no programming skills or you would write the
perfect program you desire. You have no civil writing skills or you
would constructively contribute or perhaps make a successful career out
of demonstrating the ideal form of documentation that we could all
appreciate and offer our accolades.
So you are reduced to attacking and demeaning others, projecting your
own internal dissonance on the world as evidence of a dissonance of the
world itself, meanwhile safe in your own assessment that yes, you are
indeed the only intelligent person in the universe.

We can also surmise that the Scribus list is one of several sites
periodically infested with a BandiPat hit-and-run charade.

Greg