[Scribus] How to edit text on path?

wayne iw
Tue Sep 26 20:45:50 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 06:10 am, stu seven wrote:

> +  I really shouldn't comment, since my experience is with
> text on path in Inkscape... but there, its was a matter of
> re-editing the input text string, either characters or size
> and then putting on path again until it looked right...
> tedious, but it worked... I'm thinking Scribus cant be
> much different ?
>
> On 9/25/06, wayne <iw at ukulele.com> wrote:
> > How does one edit text on a path? I need to adjust the tracking of
> > certain individual letters and I can't figure out how to do this other
> > than first removing text from path, edit, then place text back on
> > path. It's not too bad if the path is small but my path is 32 inches
> > in diameter so I have to keep searching for the text and page each
> > time I remove the text from the path.
> >
> > Is there a simple way that I'm not aware of?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wayne
> > Scribus 1.3.3.2

The problem with Inkscape is that the fonts don't print out at the size one
would expect. They look fine on screen but not when printed out.
I now save my Inkscape text on path to an eps file, then import it into
Scribus. I have to resize it once it's in Scribus but at least it can be
done on screen as opposed to "trial and error" on the printer.