[Scribus] printing landscape

Adam Lafayette atomlbomb
Tue Sep 19 04:33:08 CEST 2006

I am having a printing issue and I'm wondering if its
a feature or a bug?  I sent this to the list a couple
weeks ago but thought I would try again.  Maybe there
is a scribus developer on the list who can help me.
Or maybe someone and point me to a better place to
ask.

If I set the document page layout to letter, and
landscape instead of portrait it will not print on the
page as landscape.  The only way to get it to print in
landscape is when printing go to file > print then the
option settings for my printer and choose landscape.

I am using scribus 1.3.3.3 on windows XP on and amd
athlon 64 with 1GB of memory.

Here is an example of how it works in another program
for me.

Program OpenOffice.org

I create a new document
I Go to format > page
set page to landscape
add text or whatever to the document
without chaninging printer settings I print.
The document is printed in landscape.

It looks to me like the program overrides the printer
setting.  It has always worked this way for me in all
programs till scribus.

When I try to do this in scribus it prints in
portrait.  But when printing in scribus if I go to
file > print > options to landscape then print.  It
prints correctly.

I guess I was hoping that scribus would override
the default printer setting automatically like other
programs do.  Also when I export to pdf (in scribus)
from the document it prints in portrait unless I go in
and manually change the setting.  I am viewing and
printing pdfs it in adobe acrobat reader.  I don't
have that problem exporting from OO.o

Is it possible to have scribus do this.  I didn't find
anything in preferences for it.  Or would the code
have to be changed?

Thanks.

Adam Lafayette  N1ZGG   atomlbomb at yahoo.com    http://www.bloodkeg.com       http://www.geocities.com/atomlbomb