[Scribus] textboxes in template

KS lists04
Mon Sep 18 19:51:48 CEST 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Monday 18 September 2006 18:39, Noel Castro wrote:
>> I've been trying to use scribus, but I can't figure out a few points:
>> 1. When creating a template, I can put text boxes in the templates, but
>> when exiting the template editor, I can't add text into the text box
>> that I made in the template.
>> 2. If I create a text box in the template, and put some text for a place
>> holder, the place holder text appears in the document, but I can't
>> change it.
>> 3. I haven't been able to figure out how to create chapter headers that
>> will change according to the chapter name styles.
>>
>> hope someone can let me know how to do this!
>
> Scribus does not yet support what you want to do. Best answer: wait :)
>
> Craig

That is why its always better to call it "Master Document" instead of a
template. I still remember that I was as confused as Noel when I tried
to do the same thing in version 1.2.3.

For now, think of the template pages as a background instead. Put
whatever is common on a few pages on a master document and apply it to
those pages.

HTH.