[Scribus] Can't place some JPEG images

Cedric Sagne csagne
Wed Sep 13 09:45:32 CEST 2006

Andreas,

with 512 MB of RAM, loading 105 MB for an image should be fine...

I admit that Photoshop on Windows has difficulties doing more than that.
In fact the whole thing about DTP (or so i thought) is using large files and managing them efficiently, abstracting them along the way.

I thought Scribus was "linking" to the files and using for memory purposes shrunk versions of them in order to optimise memory, which is why the workflow implies storing the images in a separate folder and assembling the finished product...

Cedric