[Scribus] Paragraph styles don't work as expected (resend)

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Sun Sep 10 21:56:07 CEST 2006

[I didn't see this posted, so I'm sending it again]

As a new user of Scribus 1.3.3 (and an experienced user of
PageMaker), I want to apply styles to my text.

When I use "Edit the text with the story editor", and within that
choose Edit/Edit styles..., I get what seems to be the right window
for modifying the style. I find that I can change the font size and
type, and the leading, but not the spacing before/after paragraphs,
nor can I indent the first line of a paragraph.

Specifically, spacing before the P does nothing, and spacing after
the P seems to work.

To indent the first line, I have set the indentation for the first
line of the P to 0.3 in, and indentation of the P to 0. The lines in
the corresponding style all start at the left margin.

How do I set up a style to have spacing before, but not after, each
paragraph, and have the first line of each paragraph indented?