[Scribus] Wich image format should I use?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Sep 9 01:49:04 CEST 2006

Am Samstag, 9. September 2006 00:31 schrieb Axel Bojer:
> I am used to tiff, but it seems Scribus cant import them (or am I doing
> something wrong?), so I have to use another format. Wich format is
> thought to be used then?
>
> To make an overwiew:
>
> * Tiff I can not import. But it is tsated it should be possible here:
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=importhints
> But by med (1.3.3.3 on Kubuntu dapper) it just wont show up in the open
> dialog, but ?convert xx.tiff xx.png? makes it available. strange though :-(

Hi Axel,

do you have libtiff installed? A page layout program that doesn't import TIF
files would hardly be useful for professional or even semi-professional
work ;) Scribus uses libtiff for TIF import, but you need to have it on your
system.

Cheers,

Christoph