[Scribus] Wich image format should I use?

Axel Bojer axelb
Sat Sep 9 00:31:44 CEST 2006

I am used to tiff, but it seems Scribus cant import them (or am I doing
something wrong?), so I have to use another format. Wich format is
thought to be used then?

To make an overwiew:

* Tiff I can not import. But it is tsated it should be possible here:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=importhints
But by med (1.3.3.3 on Kubuntu dapper) it just wont show up in the open
dialog, but ?convert xx.tiff xx.png? makes it available. strange though :-(
* Neither can I import PNM or PAM, but I suppose this is due to the 8
bit limitation (see the links). Still, for black and whit picturres
perhaps nice to have? :-)
* jpg is not a lossless format, therefore I do not want to use it if I
have other possibilities
* Png is what I have used so far in Scribus, but I am not sure about the
limitations og this format, just that I have read that it is made for
web images. So this gives makes me suspicous. Or is it quite as good for
professional use, big pictures and all kinds of colours? Some experiences?
* svg, as far as I have read in the bug reports there are some issues
with this, but I suppose those will be sorted out

Which other formats are supported by Scribus?
http://dot.kde.org/1096453300/
says: More import filters for text formats and image formats (are planned).
Which are included?

Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiff