[Scribus] Problems in Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Sep 7 01:24:48 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 7. September 2006 01:02 schrieb hovergo at net-tech.com.au:
[snip]

> My 2 wishes for change would be:
> a save button which does not close down the editor, its a pain having to
> re open it for every change and there could be a dozen changes in one
> text frame.

Actually, that's already possible. Simply click the "Update text" button in
the SE menu. You can also save the changes by returning to the main GUI
without closing the Story Editor.

> and <Save to File> which automatically knows which text file I am
> working on. Often I have several versions of the same text file  for
> various publications of the same newsletter  and find it time consuming
> to have to search for the corrrect version before I can do a save to file.

Is this really a Scribus issue? If you edit your texts in a separate editor,
versioning should be a feature of your editor. If you load a text file into
Scribus, it's no longer the text file you edit, but text in a Scribus file.
And of course you can save the text in the SE to a separate file (SE > File >
Save to File).

> Hope this helps
> Roger

Cheers,