[Scribus] Scribus tutorial in c't

Thomas Zastrow listen
Mon Sep 4 20:17:03 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> those of you who can get hold of c't magazine and can read German might be
> interested in the current issue (19/2006). It contains a four page Scribus
> tutorial on the production of photo books and posters (pp. 110-113). Scribus
> 1.3.3.3 for Win32 and Linux is shipped on a CD-ROM which also contains the
> tutorial files. The CD-ROM also offers a collection of 670 free fonts.
> Haven't checked the quality, though.
>
> What is interesting is c't's (Germany's major computer magazine) estimation of
> Scribus as "professional grade".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

Ah, you was faster than I ... ;-)

I haven't read the article until now (forget the magazine in my office
..), but the example-files are looking nice. But, I think that the
formats of the documents are not perfect for the home-user: The poster
is DIN-A3 and the photo-book 188mm x 188mm ... nothing what could be
printed without problems on a home-printer ..

Best,

Tom