[Scribus] OT - Guidance needed for Book Publishing

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Mon Oct 30 22:27:00 CET 2006

Hi Andreas,

On 10/31/06, avox <avox at arcor.de> wrote:
> Now you've made us very curious as to what the book will be about... :-)
> Any hint?

:) There are many subjects to choose from and many strategies as well.
 Certainly, it should provide some genuine value that none of the
existing books of the same category provide and at a reasonable cost -
if I want it to be sold, that is.  Initially, I aimed to write one on
Maths or Chemistry but then I have seen so many good ones on these
subjects that I have dropped the idea altogether.  It's going to be on
an IT subject area and will be aimed at complete beginners - well,
there are many books on the subject but I have my own niche.  I'll
write it in my free-time so it's going to take some time to write the
whole book.

I was really scared of TeX but I have only read the first 16 pages of
"The TeX Book" and it has become one of my favorites.  Dr. Knuth has
explained everything in a very easy style and every layman can read
this book.  I recommend it to everybody.  I have used LyX/Latex but
would rather go for TeX - it's really easy - at least, that's what I
feel after reading Dr. Knuth's book a bit.

--
Thanks & regards,

Asif