[Scribus] Table of contents

John R. Culleton john
Mon Oct 30 20:05:32 CET 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 09:53, MaHan wrote:
> --- "John R. Culleton" <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> > Products ranging from the humble (MSWord) to the
> > eriudite (TeX) offer
> > automatic generation of tables of contents. For my
> > dog club newsletter I have
> > been using TeX and included a TOC as a matter of
> > course. Now people expect
> > one!
> >
> > Is there any Scribus facility for TOC or must I gin
> > one up by hand?
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_a_Table_of_Contents
>
> cheers
> Maciej

I followed that wiki article up to the last step but no I am stumped. It says:
Go to File->Document Setup and then to the Table of Contents and Indexes
screen. Add a new Table of Contents, if necessary, and select TOC as its item
attribute name. Select an existing empty frame in your document that will
hold the table of contents.
I created a TOC using the TOC and indexes screen. I gave it the name of my
empty text frame. But the linkage is not established to the empty frame
AFAICT. When I designate frames for the TOC and then refresh the TOC nothing
happens.

--
John Culleton