[Scribus] slow scribus update.

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Oct 30 17:57:29 CET 2006

Noel Castro wrote:
> I'm using mandriva2007 with the latest smp kernel. My system has a
> 1.6 GHZ turion 64x2. This slowdown is only with scribus. When I use the smp
> kernel, scribus can take five or more mins to complete an action. But I
> notice if I use a 32 bit kernel, no smp, scribus runs ok--adding 500
> blank pages took 75 sec, adding sample text took 60 secs(I then opened
> the text editor and copied the sample text a few times to get 30
> paragraphs and about 70,000 characters), and updating the style took
> about 1.5 mins, and applying the text to the document took about 1.5
> mins again. I haven't tried adding pics yet.

OK, so with (AMD64, SMP) things are slow; with (i386, uniprocessor)
things are not. What about (AMD64, uniprocessor) or (i386, SMP) ?

I've had no particular issues on AMD64, on SMP machines, or on a
combination thereof, so it's hard to know what could be causing this.
Knowing in which combinations it happens would help a bit.

--
Craig Ringer