[Scribus] Layout issues ...

Chris Bergstresser chris
Tue Oct 24 22:12:20 CEST 2006

On 10/24/06, Bill Harris <bill_harris at facilitatedsystems.com> wrote:
> >    First, I was thinking I could create a bunch of individual Scribus
> > documents, each consisting of a single index card.  But I wasn't sure
> > there would be an easy way to combine all these individual documents
> > into a single one for printing.  That is, once I have 300+ files, I
> > would need to combine them into larger aggregates (4 to a sheet for
> > 8.5x11 paper, more for a poster).  I could just create a 6x10 document
> > with four of them on it, but then I couldn't easily change it for
> > larger sizes.  Is there a better way of doing this?
>
> While I don't know if it would meet your needs, I usually use pdftk
> (http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/)

    It doesn't look like pdftk allows you to combine separate pdf
documents into a single larger page size.  That is, I need to take
something like this:

doc1:  Af_|_Ab
doc2:  Bf_|_Bb
doc3:  Cf_|_Cb

... and create a single document like this:

doc1:  AfBf_|_BbAb
          Cf___|___Cb

> or perhaps the LaTeX pdfpages.sty when
> I have to merge PDF documents together.

Yeah, but if I have to do it in LaTeX, I could just layout the whole
document in LaTeX.  I was hoping to avoid doing that.

-- Chris