[Scribus] Can't print pages with images

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Sun Oct 22 21:24:59 CEST 2006

Using Scribus 1.3.3.3 under Windows XP, I have a printing problem.
Every page with an image gets the error

"Application transferred too few scanlines"

and the space where the image should be is blank on the printed
output. Text is OK.

These are images that were successfully placed, mostly JPEGs. They
appear correctly on the screen, with the preview setting on Full resolution.

I'm afraid this is related to another problem which I had before (and
which hasn't been solved): I got the same error when trying to place
some other images into the Scribus document.

I don't want to have to convert my hundreds of images in any way,
just be able to place them into documents, and print them without error.