[Scribus] Fonts in PDF export

Markus Baertschi markus
Sun Oct 22 20:20:29 CEST 2006

Ah !

Zooming in shows that these are outlines and not bitmaps. However, I don't
like them (looks ugly). How can I know which font can be embedded and which
fonts will be outlined ?
It looks like there are 'real' and 'fake' ttf and otf fonts and this makes a
difference.

I'd like to choose my fonts, among other things, with this in mind.

Markus

On 10/22/06, Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Markus Baertschi napisa?(a):
> > I'm looking at the resulting PDF with Acrobat 5.0 (not reader, the edit
> > capable thing) and can not select the text with the text select tool and
> > the
> > fonts have a very jagged appearance.
>
> But this doesn't  mean, they are bitmaps -- the acroread's "text select"
> tool is for selecting "text" and not "outlines" (means vectors). Play a
> little with the zoom tool to see the difference.
>

> > One question concerning the PDF font-tab. Most of my fonts are not in
> the
> > 'Subset fonts' field, but I can not remove them from the (clicking the
> > arrows is not functional).
> >
> > I'm on Windows, if this makes a difference.
> >

> You are right, this dialog is confusing, period. That said, please have
> a look at our bug tracker and this issue in particular, and add your
> thoughts there (that is, if   you like to, of course):
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3701
>
> cheers
> Maciej

  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Ross? 16             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678
  CH-1163, Etoy                Email: markus at markus.org
  Switzerland                  Homepage: www.markus.org