[Scribus] Fonts in PDF export

avox avox
Sun Oct 22 17:44:18 CEST 2006

Markus Baertschi-2 wrote:

> I'm gearing looking into Scribus to publish a book in 6 months.
>
> I've started some first trials and am stumbling ove a mayor problem:
> The exported text contains all text as bitmap, not as text. I've tried the
> settings to imbed or substitute fonts without result. I've tried using
> Arial
> or Verina font, but the text-as-bitmap problem is always the same.

That can't be since Scribus doesn't even touch bitmap fonts, and it never
converts
vectors to bitmaps unless in imageframes (this might not be true with the
latest
134cvs + cairo + transparency, but you won't be using that version anyway).

What Scribus does is convert fonts to outlines if you a) choose "subset
fonts" or
b) use OTF fonts with CFF outlines.

What makes you think Scribus creates bitmaps?

/Andreas