[Scribus] list mail

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Sun Oct 22 02:52:20 CEST 2006

Hi dwain,

On 10/22/06, dwain.alford at gmail.com <dwain.alford at gmail.com> wrote:
.......................................... i responded earlier to the
cmyk post and never
> received that post, so i wondered if it made the cut to be sent to the list.
> on the other hand, i sometimes receive a post i send.

This has happened to me in the past as well.  The problem is either
with GMail or Thunderbird.  Basically, strange things started
happening when I began  using
Thunderbird as a POP client for GMail.  Instead of further researching
the issue,
I just chose to stop using Thunderbird!  So stop using Thunderbird (at
least with
GMail) and your problem will go away.  I think the problem might be
connected with
the way GMail handles its mail - I am talking about the way it
links-up all the posts
on a topic in a thread - posts as well as replies - so you don't see
your post the
first time you send - it goes into the "Sent Mail" section.  BUT you DO see your
own previous post when someone replies to it - IN YOUR INBOX!  May be this
is the reason of Thunderbird going haywire.  I haven't raised this issue with
Thunderbird or GMail either - Google and Mozilla are closely collaborating
on development side - these things shouldn't be happening. So please raise
this issue with Google or Mozilla Foundation - if you have time - OR stop
using Thunderbird like me!  I am perfectly fine with using only Firefox - just
that I cannot store my gmail locally for offline browsing.

--
Best regards,

Asif