[Scribus] Preferences won't open

avox avox
Sun Oct 22 01:44:37 CEST 2006

Yoko Reynolds wrote:

> I'm a newbie. I've just installed Scribus/Aqua 1.3.3.2 on by wife's
> iBook G4 OS X 10.3.9.
>
> I opened it successfully, found the preferences, set the language to
> Japanese, and incorrectly (I think) set the Ghostwriter script
> location. Now, I can't open preferences. It's not grayed out, but when
> I click on it, nothing happens.

On OSX, depending on locale, Qt puts the preferences either at the original
location
in File->General Preferences or at the default location in the application
menu ("Scribus").
If you find it in the File menu, it should work there, otherwise the entry
in the
application menu should work.

/Andreas

PS. wrong setting of GS will only disable Print Preview and EPS import.
Normal work and
even producing PS or PDF output should still work fine.