[Scribus] Using Scribus to place multiple pages generated by Scribus on one page

Plinnell mrdocs
Sat Oct 21 15:29:37 CEST 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 11:18, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> I want to create a document which logically consists of multiple
> pages, but has to be sent to the printer as four logical pages per
> pdf page. Would it make sense to create the logical pages first,
> export them as .pdf and then create another Scribus socument where
> four pages are placed on one with Anschnitt added? Is there a
> simpler solution? One without the quality loss (AFAIK Scribus
> converts .pdf to raster images)?
>
> Philipp

Hi,

It is far simpler to do the following:

1) Create logical pages as needed.

2) Create new doc with space for 4 logical pages per document.

3) Create a second layer in the new doc.

4) Go Page > Import > Import the logical pages.

5) After importing, select all > position the content >  then move the
content to the first layer. Why ? This avoids object collision when
importing.

This will a: avoid  loss of precision with PDF and b: require far less
memory and time to do the final PDF export.

Peter