[Scribus] debian source packages

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Wed Oct 18 09:08:09 CEST 2006

* Michael Koren <kung42o at mindspring.com> [2006-10-17 17:55:46 -0700]:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a difference between the 1.3.3.4 source as packaged for
> debain/ubuntu in malex's repositories and the source archive on sourceforge?
> (Besides it being packaged to produce a deb, that is.) The debian archives
> look smaller than the sourceforge one.
>
> Should I use one over the other if I want to submit patches, or do I need to
> use CVS for that anyway?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Michael,

My source packages are smaller then the upstream tarballs because I remove
documentation and sample color profiles, which are non-DFSG-free, from the
tarballs before using them for packaging. That's why I have separate non-free
"scribus-doc" and "scribus-ng-doc" packages. I also directly modify the
Makefiles in scribus-ng source tree with sed to allow scribus and scribus-ng
to be installed in parallel. Anything else that could is different from the
upstream is to be found in the debian/patches directory. So, my stance is that
you can use my source packages for scribus development and submit patches
against them upstream.

If you have any more questions in regards to my Debian/Ubuntu packages please
email me directly. I'd be happy to answer them.

Regards,

Alex.