[Scribus] aqua.scribus.net vs fink

avox avox
Tue Oct 17 20:56:34 CEST 2006

Gustavo Homem wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 October 2006 15:29, Paul Williams wrote:
>> I just installed the aqua version on my first mac laptop.  It's
>> painless and fast, but it's not the latest version (1.3.3.2).
>>

> Is this version for intel or PPC?

That's a pure PPC version. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to resolve
some remaining issues with building the native version, let alone building
fat binaries. I want to provide a native 1.3.3.4+ a soon as possible,
though.

For Intel-based Macs it's currently the easiest to use the Fink version.
Some people run Scribus PPC in Rosetta, but it should be much slower than a
native version.

/Andreas