[Scribus] help for a new user?

Paul Williams paulprogrammer
Tue Oct 17 19:54:02 CEST 2006

> It's a manual process for now.
> In the future, it should be feasible with scripts to accomplish this.
> The main thing is to have a functional test for when text overlaps a
> given text frame, along with the subsequent linking.

Should be possible -- when I export to PDF I get a dialog box that
tells me that the text overruns the boundaries of the text box, even
with a linked frame.  The trick is to set a property on the
"duplicatable" page which tells the layout engine to copy the page and
reset the linkages until the error condition is no longer encountered.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the architecture details of
Scribus to know how difficult this task would be.