[Scribus] OO Writer

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Oct 15 04:41:29 CEST 2006

Tim Jowers wrote:
> Hello Greg,
>
>  ps2pdf13 is my friend!   That is the opensource equivalent of distiller.
> BTW, did you know Linux was started in 1971 solely to help AT&T publish
> their documents!  Of course Linux has the right tools... just knowing what
> to use! ps2pdf13 -dPDFX does the trick.

Remember to use -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress or the equivalent set of options
to ensure all fonts are embedded correctly.

ps2pdf is part of GhostScript. It's only part of "Linux" to the same
extent that, say, firefox is. Like firefox, there are useful updates
that your distro may not have. With GhostScript, it's strongly
recommended to use gs 8.5.x, and DO NOT use gs 7 for anything involving
PDF or Scribus.

--
Craig Ringer