[Scribus] Donations

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat Oct 14 20:35:53 CEST 2006

On Saturday 14 October 2006 17:47, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Maciej Hanski wrote:
> > Gregory Pittman napisa?(a):
> >> How do we know, or is there a mechanism to give us feedback about what
> >> our donation(s) would actually be used for? I realize that the wiki page
> >> talks about what is needed, but by the time money is donated, it might
> >> actually go to something else.
> >
> > Given how hard it is to get an account number from one of the Scribus
> > guys including Eirik aka ltning from anduin.net who hosts our wiki and
> > bug tracker sites (see this bug report
> > http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=4387 to see what I mean), I must
> > say, I simply trust them.
>
> It's not a matter of distrust. I was going to make a donation just now,
> to see how it worked. One thing firefox tells me as I get to the credit
> card page is that the information is not encrypted, which has me a
> little worried. I've had an issue come up with international card fraud
> (someone took a trip from England to Paris on my card number), and you
> quickly find out that the rules of liability are more fuzzy.

The donate page to Scribus hosted anduin servers is encrypted, however as the
note reads on the top of the page, it is held within a subframe on the page.
This frame is encrypted.

Eirik has graciously supported Scribus via his servers since I joined. I have
know him since long before that, and when I joined the dev team a few years
ago one of the first things I did was to set up the Mantis tracker using his
servers, and since then have come the wiki, and some dev team collaboration
and email areas, public cvs and www. has moved to his servers this year.

Once our organisation is setup, money would go there and then be distributed
either for particular projects or for supporting event travel, web services
etc etc. For the moment we have a need of supporting Eirik  to boost the
reliability and power of one of our servers and any help there is
appreciated. Those wishing to wait for the org to get a bank account, thats
fine.. we await the org's final creation (the forms have been put in).

Regards
Craig